All children in KS2 have the opportunity to become a democratically elected Sports Councillor for their class. Each child that is elected represents the school voice in all sporting decisions.
Children are asked if they are:
- Enthusiastic about sport
- Interested in developing Sport and P.E. in school
- Full of good ideas
- A good role model for sporting behaviour
If the answer to all four statements above is ‘yes,’ then children may stand for the class vote.
The Sports Council consists of 12 pupils made up of 3 children from each year group from year 3 to year 6.
Sports councillors will work with Mr Bennett & Mrs Kelly to improve the quality and selection of sports that the school teach or participate in. They take opinions from their classmates and feedback information which helps to inform decision and create a sporting ethos.
Our Sports Council have 4 main aims:
1. We believe that athletes come in all shapes and sizes. Let talent and abilities shine through.
2. To be able to inspire and develop the athletes of tomorrow.
3. To showcase talents and develop skills by holding competitions.
4. To promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles through providing sports activities which are inclusive.
Year 3 Sports Council
Year 5 Sports Council
Year 4 Sports Council
Year 6 Sports Council